August 5, 2026

BookQW = PASS




LEANNA’S LIGHT
(an Alphabet Bride book
Sometimes the brightest light comes from the people who once felt forgotten.

My Dearest Mia,

By the time you read this, I will be well on my way to a new life in the west. I have answered a letter from a gentleman who lost his wife a few years ago. He has three children, one girl and two boys, between the ages of five and eight. Since his wife passed, he has been trying to balance the children and his work at the livery and has now decided it is time to take another wife.

His name is Travis Matlock, thirty years of age, with a home of his own. All he wishes is for me to care for and educate his children. I have high hopes that there are other children in this area of Indian Territory in need of the same ideals Madam Wiggie instilled upon all of us at the foundling home. I may call upon your assistance.

Although I don’t have hopes of this union being anything more than loveless. How could I say no when these children need me so much? I could not and must find a way to push the silly notion of love out of my heart.

There still has been no news of where Xenia is, and I have not received any correspondence from Jessamine nor Katriona since their departures. Madam Wiggie promises to write when there is news. I do hope Madam Wiggie is not as ill as she believes. It would sadden my heart to know we’ve lost her to an illness. I always imagined her living to the ripe old age of ninety.

As soon as I have settled into my new home, I will write again to tell you how I am getting along. I miss all my dear friends and hope the distance between us is not so great that we cannot visit each other on occasion.

Your faithful friend,

Leanna

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

GRAB A COPY TODAY

US: https://amzn.to/3zOtmMr / Series: https://bit.ly/4pIZ9UN

Available on all #Amazon sites

Add to Want to Read list: Goodreads / BookBub


No comments:

Post a Comment