August 26, 2026

BookQW = QUESTION


LEANNA’S LIGHT

(an Alphabet Bride book)
Sometimes the brightest light comes from the people who once felt forgotten.
 

Yes, two days. We will be stopping overnight near Cottonwood Grove. I have already arranged for a room, as well as a place to stable the horses.” Travis scowled at the pink blush creeping up over her otherwise porcelain face. She sure is a pretty little thing. Matlock, she’s not yours to take even if you had a notion to. She’s here for the children, nothing more.

“A room?” Miss Jones choked on a whisper. “I had thought—”

“I’m as disappointed as you are, Miss Jones. I know our agreement does not include sharing a bed, even if we are man and wife. However, that is all that was available for tonight. I want to get back to the children as soon as possible, but I don’t want to travel through the night and wear the horses out.” Travis knew full well he could make it back home with the horses if they took it slow and easy and he didn’t push them. But he wanted time alone with his new wife. A chance to get to know her before the children started asking their thousands of questions he suspected would come.

“Yes, I see. Are there children near your home who might benefit from my skills as a teacher?” Miss Jones asked, disappointment edging her query. “I am so looking forward to teaching as many children as I can.”

“Mr. Matlock! So nice to finally see you again.” Reverend McIntosh stood on the step of his small but functional church.

“Whoa,” Travis called softly, reining in the team. Tying the wagon and horses off, he hopped down to fetch his bride.

“I trust this is the young lady who has traveled far to marry the likes of you,” the reverend teased, holding the Good Book in his hands.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

GET YOUR COPY HERE

US: https://amzn.to/3zOtmMr / Series: https://bit.ly/4pIZ9UN

UK:  https://bit.ly/4g1BWtJ / Series: https ://bit.ly/44X70EM

Available on all #Amazon sites

Add to Want to Read list: Goodreads / BookBub




No comments:

Post a Comment